Thursday, June 14, 2012

Beautybar.com Sample Society June 2012

I recently decided that I wanted to try out another sample box because I have been so happy with Birchbox, I heard about Sample Society and decided that I would try it out.  I just received my first box which was their June 2012 box.   Sample Society says "We channeled our obsession with prestige brands into the perfect beauty cocktail: Sample Society.  Catering to tried-and-true beauty devotees, this exclusive program delivers 5 fresh deluxe-sized samples - culled from beauty's finest - to your doorstep each month."
For $15 a month, you'll receive:
  • 5 deluxe-sized samples from beauty brands like Murad, Stila, and Oscar de la Renta fragrance.
  • $15 gift code to redeem on a $50 purchase - when any product from the brands you've sampled is included in your order.
  • Expert beauty advice to accompany your samples from the editors of Allure.
  • A bonus one-year subscription to Allure magazine ($12 value).  
So overall I thought that it sounded like it was worth the $5 extra that I pay for Birchbox.  

Well My box included these 5 items
  • Jane Iredale- Just Kissed Lip Plumper, in Tokyo
  • Oscar De La Renta- Live In Love Perfume
  • Alterna- Boho Waves Texture Mist
  • Caudalie- Premier Cru Eye Cream
  • Murad- Clarifying Cleanser
I had never heard of Jane Iredale before and I was actually pretty scared to try a lip plumper because I NEVER wear lip stick, I have big lips so I usually stick to a clear gloss and because my lips are big I was sooooo scared what a lip plumper would do to them!
This was just a small lip stick but with a lip plumper I don't think that you want to use a lot! 
This is before applying 
After applying
  • Full Size: .08oz for $25.00
  • Sample Value: .05oz, valued at $15.62
I really liked this.  I want so sure at first but I liked the color and I liked the cooling sensation it puts on your lips.
I don't think I would pay $25 for it though.






The second sample I received was the Oscar De La Renta Perfume.  I thought that the perfume bottle was so cute and was a good size for a sample.  I think that it does smell good and is a good scent to throw into the mix.  I can see me wearing this on a summer day.  
















  • Full Size: 1.0oz for $58.00
  • Sample Value: .1oz, valued at $5.80




The Third sample that I received is Alterna Boho Waves Texture Mist.  





I LOVE the scent of this and noticed that it made my hair smell delicious!  My hair is stick straight so I didn't think this would do much to my hair.
I have tried this two times, the first time was on dry hair and I noticed that it did add a little wave but not much, I pulled out my curling iron and curled my hair instead.  It kept the curl all day, I didn't have to touch up any hair at all!!!  That never happens with my hair.  
The second time, I tried it on damp hair then I used my blow drier on it.  There was not a wave in sight, BUT it did make my hair really thick!!!!  


  • Full Size: 4.2fl oz for $22.00
  • Sample Value: 0.85fl oz, valued at $4.45
Overall I think that I would buy this again, its not bad priced at all!  It didn't do what it was suppose to do but I loved what it did do!

The Fourth Item that I received was the Caudalie Premier Cru Eye Cream.  

I only have tried this once but I didn't think it did much to me, It is a brightening eye cream so there is a pearly glaze to it.  I have never heard this brand before but the reviews seem to all be pretty good.  



  • Full Size: 0.5oz for $95.00
  • Sample Value: 0.03oz, valued at $5.70
From what I have tried so far I don't think I would buy it.  I have other eye creams that I like a lot better.






The fifth Item I received was the Murad Clarifying Cleanser.  

This is a good size sample.  I haven't tried it yet because I use proactive, I have wanted to try it but I have read a few reviews that it can dry your skin out, so Im pretty nervous.  But we will see.  


  • Full Size: 6.75oz for $26.00
  • Sample Value: 2.0oz, valued at $7.70



Overall this box was valued at 

$39.27




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...